This is specifically for those who have been associated with me in Direct Selling Business
I have been watching lot of action happening on my facebook page in connection with my decision to leave Amway. While I understand all your feelings, I feel that all those who are criticizing my decision are being biased by some rumors spread by some Amway leaders out of their ‘insecurity,’ as these leaders thought their ‘secure income’ (without putting in any efforts for the last 5 to 6 years) would stop if such a move happen. Their ‘black magic’ worked so powerfully that most of you closed your eyes and ears towards reality.
While I welcome all the criticisms, my request to all of you is not go with the rumors. Rumors will die in a months time and reality will emerge stronger.
I am making this statement loud and clear; I HAVE TAKEN THE DECISION TO MOVE OUT OF AMWAY AND TO JOIN MONA.VIE WITH ABSOLUTELY GOOD INTENTIONS. THIS DECISION IS TAKEN KEEPING IN MIND THE FUTURE OF DISTRIBUTORS WHO HAVE COME INTO AMWAY BUSINESS TO BUILD A CAREER OR PROFESSION SO AS TO FULFILL THEIR DREAMS.
As you know there are two types of people who join Amway business; those who look at the business opportunity to create a career and achieve financial freedom and those who join to buy the products at discounted price. My decision was looking at the former category of people.
While some of you are just questioning my integrity and loyalty, I would rather ask you to find answers for the following questions?
1. While income in the job market grew by 5 to 6 times between 1998 and 2011 income for Platinums not even grew by 10%. Why?
2. Effort index (ie PV/BV ratio) has grown from Rs.35 per PV in 1998 to Rs.60 per PV in 2011? Means you have to put in almost double the effort to get the same result. Still income remain the same
3. Diamond is considered to be a Dream Level in Amway. People think that once some one reaches Diamond, one can make crores of rupees. Average Annual Diamond bonus in India is only Rs. 5 to 7 Lakhs. Is this attractive in this market conditions?
4. With these compensation plan how can one promote the business as a vehicle to achieve financial freedom?
5. If the offices are JUST for servicing distributors, why should the company spend crores and crores in the offices? Why should there be the ‘show rooms’ in malls, paying higher rentals and overheads?
6. Though the advertisement campaign started as an Image building exercise for the company, now it has become product advertising. On one side beautiful show rooms in the mall and on the other side massive advertising campaign….what could be the plan?
7. For a Network marketing company the distributors are more important than anything else. They are the ones who build business. Instead of investing on show rooms and in advertising shouldn’t the company be investing on people?
8. In 2009, while the company’s sales turnover was Rs.1500 Cr, there were 30 brand new Diamonds, In 2010 the turnover went upto Rs.1790 Cr; number of new Diamonds went down to 14 and in 2011 company grew to Rs.1900 Cr, while the number new Diamonds went down to 7. I am unable to understand this. Can you? With this trend how can I drive you all to the dream of 100 Diamonds?
9. Though we say the company is legal and ethical, why the company and the distributors are always been encountered with legal issues. In 2004 we had issue with Nutrilite in Kerala, in 2005 Amway was banned in AP and few months back the company and distributors had to face fierce police investigations. Isn’t this happening because of lack of pro-activeness from the company?
10. When Amway offices were raided and sealed in Kerala What did company do? Have anyone checked about this? When the leaders were hiding away from their homes because of the arrest threat, what did company officials do?
11. When the houses of distributors got raided and distributors had to go through severe police investigations, what support company gave? Where were these so called ‘Amway Lover’ leaders at that time?
12. When even the senior most leaders in this business at Emerald and Diamond levels started thinking about starting other businesses or to take up some job, what do you expect me to do?
You may ask ‘Were you not aware about all these earlier? Did you take 13 years to realize all these?” I along with many senior leaders in India realized this almost 5 years back when we found that the income from Amway has started losing competitiveness compared to income from job and other businesses. We have been discussing with the company about this for that last few years. However we realized that company has ‘different’ strategy to increase growth of business without giving better compensation for distributors. Even after knowing this, if I just hide reality and keep on giving hopes to people without having conviction in mind, it is nothing but cheating….using people, which I don’t like. I am taking this decision because of my INTEGRITY
Amway is still a company with great products. I still respect the company for its products, if not for anything else. But as I mentioned earlier I have taken this decision looking at the thousands of people who wanted to build a career and profession in this industry to achieve financial freedom. Every one has got the freedom to choose their path. I will stand with the people who have come into this business to build a future believing my words. I have LOYALTY to those people.
I wish great success to all whichever path you take.